Mother’s Day is this Sunday and while celebrating in-person may not be an option, there are so man virtual ideas and events happening to help celebrate the special women in your life during a quarantine. Hopefully by this time next year, we’ll be able to suggest in-person Mother’s Day events, but until then, we want to encourage everyone to remain safe. Here are our top 5 recommendations for a great virtual Mother’s Day this year.
- Virtual Wine Tasting: Did you know Wine.com offers free virtual wine tastings! Honestly, we can’t think of a better way a mom would want to spend her special day, but we’ll give you all 4 more strong ideas. This one though? Can you really do any better.
- Leave a surprise gift on her door step. What sweeter way to say I love you and thank you than a nice surprise gift. True story, I stayed at my mother’s home last week while she was away, and hid her Mother’s Day gift in one of her cabinets. I can’t wait to tell her it’s there!
- Rent her dream car for the day. We know there is a limited amount of places people can go right now, so we recommend pairing this idea in the park with a nice picnic (socially distanced of course!)
- If you’re able to spend time with your mom in-person, give her a mani and pedi. This is a great way to bond with your mom and who doesn’t like pampering. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look at fabulous as if she went to a salon (Who’s going to see it? Nobody).
- Who’s your mom’s favorite celebrity? Check to see if this person is on Cameo and you can pay for a personalized virtual message from them to your mom! Imagine the smile on her face when that particular person says HER name and happy Mother’s Day. She would remember that moment for a lifetime. She could also replay it everyday if she wanted to. She’d having the bragging rights until next Mother’s Day.
We hope that these ideas not only help spark your creativity but also gives your mom one of the best Mother’s Day celebrations she’s ever had. Even though some of us may not be able to see our mom, grandmothers, etc in person, these ideas are sure to make you feel as close as you would if you were in the same room.
Happy Mother’s Day ladies, enjoy your special day!